- Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
- Grate or finely dice butter and put in freezer until step 5.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment.
- Combine dry.
- Cut in fat.
- Add wet and mix to combine.
- Dump onto floured surface and bring together into large rectangle.
- Using bench knife, divide into quarters, and stack. Repeat 3 more times.
- Press to 2 cm (¾ in) thick.
- Cut out 8 cm (3 ¼ in) rounds.
- Place on prepared pan with 1 cm (½ in) space between.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotate, and bake until well-browned, about 6 to 10 more minutes.
- Brush with wash.
Contains milk, wheat